The Flame-retardant Treatment of Textiles
2016-03-07 08:18 | writer: admin
A. Flame Retardant Mechanism
Flame retardant treatment of fiber is about some itself is flammable fabrics (such as polyester, cotton fibers, acrylic) to join a flame retardant, free radicals produced inhibition of its combustion process, decomposition process or change the fiber heat, promoting dehydration carbonization; some are made of flame retardant is decomposed to release noncombustible gases covered in the surface of the fiber, thus plays the role of isolated air.
B. Fire Retardant Treatment Method
1, Improve the fiber forming polymer thermal stability
(1) The introduction of aromatic or heterocyclic in macromolecular chain fibre forming polymers, increase the rigidity of the molecular chain, the macromolecular chain intensive degree and cohesion, and then the thermal stability of polymer fibers by wet spinning.
(2) Through the fiber linear intermolecular cross-linking reaction into a three-dimensional cross-linked structure, prevent carbon chain rupture, become less shrinkage, flame retardant fiber does not melt.
(3) The occurrence of carbonization fiber in air oxidation furnace 200-300 DEG C in tens of minutes or hours to stay to make the fiber macromolecule after heated, become a flame resistant fibers.
2, Raw silk flame retardant
(1) Copolymerization method: the synthesis process of the fiber forming polymer, the compounds containing phosphorus, sulfur, halogen flame retardant elements as comonomer (reactive flame retardant) was introduced into the macromolecular chains, the strong flame-retardant material applied to the fiber.
(2) Blend and copolymerization method are: raw silk modification, is the method of the flame retardant into the spinning melt or preparation of flame retardant fiber.
(3) The graft modification: with radiation heat, high energy electron beam or chemical initiator to make the fiber (or fabric) flame retardant monomer graft copolymerization with vinyl type, is an effective and durable flame retardant modification method to obtain. Species and graft sites for the graft modified flame retardant fiber grafting monomer and flame retardant elements related, the effect order grafting sites on the flame retardant effect: core grafting>uniform grafting>surface grafting.