What Factors Will Affect The Fabric Tear Strength?
2017-04-26 17:45 | writer: admin
1, Raw material
Different material shows obvious difference for the outside tear load and tensile strength.
2, Yarn property
1) the linear density of year: the thick yarn has better tear strength and tensile strength naturally.
2) The yarn is filament yarn or short fiber, the short fiber like cotton, filament yarn like polyester, the short fiber has to be formed staple fibers through twisting. And the filament yarn can be directly used for textile. Obviously the short fiber strength is lower than filament yarn.
3) The twist of yarn, the twist can be made the short fiber or filament fiber cohesion better together to form cohesiveness and increase the pace and elasticity, which can increase the fabric tear strength. But he twist has it’s limit, excessive twist can not increase the pace and elasticity, the fiber is brittle, decrease the strength and elasticity.
4) the elongation at break of fiber, the higher the the elongation at break of fiber means the bigger elasticity when the yarn broken, when tearing the fabric, the tearing size of the triangular area will affect the fabric tear strength.
3, The fabric structure
1) plain structure: the yarn length of floating point only has a single yarn, so the force torn triangular area is minimum, the showing tear strength is minimum too.
2) Twill structure: according the design, the yarn length of floating point is two yarns at least, it is 1/2 twill, so as for this kind of fabric3, the longer the floating point, the bigger tearing size of the triangular area, the better tear strength.
3) Satin structure: the yarn length of floating point is better than the twill structure length, the tearing size of the triangular area is biggest, so the tear strength is best.
4) Derivative Structure: it is three elementary weave(that is, the above mentioned plain, twill, satin) grow from arbitrary combination. So this kind of structure tear structure can not compare with others, but certainly bigger than plain structure.
4, Fabric density and shrinkage
The density amount determines the yarn curve height, and thus determines the fabric shrinkage. The bigger the yarn curve height, under stress the elongation of fabric is bigger relatively speaking, which will affect the fabric tearing size of the triangular area, then affect the fabric strength.
5, The fabric after-treatment processing technology.
Sanding: sanding process is to polished the fabric surface, makes the fabric surface full of short and neat little velvet, which will destroy the fabric surface yarn structure, the yarn strength will be remarkably decreased. So when produce the sanding process fabric, the tear strength and tensile strength must be assessed.
Gigging: like the sanding process, use velvet knife to makes the fabric surface a certain villus, but the villus is little longer than sanded fabric.